Secretary – Litigation/Family
Salary:Depending on Exercise
Full-time position, Permanent
With a long established and well-earned reputation for excellence, our client offers a full range of high-class legal services for both businesses and individuals. They are committed to the very best standards of practice and are very proud to hold Lexcel – the Law Society’s recognition of the highest management and customer care standards.
Our clients are experts and always work in a professional manner. Senior team members lead by example, ensuring a motivated and engaged staff force. Our client takes the time to understand clients’ needs, offering a transparent and non-judgmental service to all. Our clients are trusted to work confidentially on sensitive issues and to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of our business
The recruited candidate will be tasked with providing support with our client’s litigation department. The recruited candidate is required to have an accurate typing/audio skill, good telephone manners and the ability to deal with clients.
The role responsibilities of this position are:
- Audio typing, preparing, and amending draft documents.
- Making and receiving telephone calls and dealing with emails.
- Dealing with clients both in person and on the telephone and assisting clients in the absence of a fee earner.
- Making appointments and assisting with queries.
- Photocopying, filing and general office duties including opening files and preparing completed files for storage.
- Completing instruction sheets on initial attendance with clients.
- Drafting divorce papers and completing various forms.
- Assisting fee earner with collating and scheduling documents from form E’s, trial bundles and briefs to counsel etc.
- Aiding other members of the office.
- Providing receptionist cover during absence, holiday, or illness.
- Liaising with Accounts Department to obtain cheques, printouts, etc., as necessary.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience within a family secretarial role is essential.
- Accurate and fast typing skills.
- Good presentation of letters and documentation.
- Knowledge of English grammar.
- Ability to deal with clients, intermediaries, and other contacts.
- Use of IT systems.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.