£22,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
Royal Wootton Bassett
Legal Secretary - Conveyancing
Location: Royal Wootton Bassett
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 + Performance Bonus
An award-winning firm having been presented in recent years with the Law Society’s Excellence Award for Innovation and two awards for excellent customer service. They provide a comprehensive range of first-class legal services for individuals, families and businesses. Their purpose is to provide excellent client service and exceed expectations by being dynamic, inspiring, and proactive; client service is at the heart of everything they do.
- To work within the Conveyancing department providing high quality administrative support and secretarial services.
- Engage with the team and clients to build and develop strong working relationships and contribute towards making the workplace an inspiring and successful place to work.
Dealing with all administrative duties relating to client transactions and secretarial requirements including but not limited to:
- Managing Fee Earner’s diary
- Preparing files for billing
- Screening incoming calls
- Typing of correspondence, photocopying, filing sending faxes and opening new files.
- Sorting and prioritising mail, emails and messages
- Dealing with client’s matters where appropriate
- Supporting in all areas of work where appropriate
- Provision of a reliable and efficient service to clients
- Provision of a professional & friendly service to clients with the ability to recognise when clients may be going through a difficult process e.g. divorce or family transactions.
- Preparation of straightforward legal documents
- Commitment to the LEXCEL & Investors in People standards, the requirements of the Law Society and to understand them.
- Being familiar with the basic requirements of the Solicitors Accounts Rules which affect the receipt and payment into the bank of cheques and the accounting of client’s monies.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Proven experience of Legal Secretary work
- To have the ability to remain calm, polite and focused when dealing with different situations
- To have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with all employees
- Sound general administrative experience
- Great attention to detail
- To enjoy a varied workload and working at pace
- To be able to produce a high standard of work when under pressure
- The ability to make sound decisions taking ownership when required.
- To present in a professional manner
- To demonstrate flexibility in approach
- Monday to Friday
- 25 hours per week
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.