£40,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Angus, Dundee
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Key words: Lead Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Carbon, Soil Carbon, Design, Fabrication
Our client is a fast evolving soil carbon extraction specialist, targeting the international carbon removal markets.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to join them and play a leading role in the development of their technology and its future iterations. You will lead the mechanical design and implementation within a small but growing engineering team.
The ideal candidate will thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, however will receive strong support from our client’s in-house team and external consultants and experts when working on projects.
- Lead the mechanical conceptualisation, design and fabrication of a new generation of technology
- Drive rapid and efficient iterations on design, fabrication and testing of new concepts as they emerge
- Work closely with all disciplines of the in-house engineering team throughout, to ensure an effective systems engineering approach
- Interface with external engineering consultants to delegate work packages that support in-house activities
- Analyse performance of prototypes in field trials and identify areas for improvement
- Support and input into the process of intellectual property protection
Skills and experience
- Very strong skills in physical, mechanised prototyping, from design to fabrication and testing
- Ability to lead a mechanical projects and managing a small team
- Very strong skills in modelling mechanical parts and mechanisms in CAD (any package, preferably Solidworks)
- Ability to iterate designs quickly and efficiently
- Experience working with motors, actuators and sensors
- Experience in lean/fast prototyping environment
- Experience in researching, sourcing and working with material suppliers
- 3D printing experience
- CNC experience
- Ability to physically prototype and fabricate where necessary, both in-house and using 3rd parties
- Experience in working with a range of different metals and materials
- BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or similar
This role will suit a highly motivated individual looking to work for a client in a start-up environment planning to expand significantly over the next few years. In this role you will have the opportunity to grow your role and develop your leadership capabilities further and shape a team around the rapidly evolving needs of our client’s new business.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.