IT & Internet
£90,000 Per Annum
Bristol & Field Based
Lead Cyber Security Consultant – IT Management & Technical Consultancy
Bristol & Field Based
£90k pa DOE plus benefits, bonus (7-15%) & on-going training
We are working on behalf of an expanding Management and Technology Consultancy based in Surrey looking to take on a Lead Cyber Security Consultant. The role provides you with the opportunity to lead multiple, small consulting teams in their support to a wide range of high-profile UK public sector and defence organisations. Your help enables their customers to protect their ICT investments, and in doing so you will play a key role in nationally critical projects which make a real difference to people’s everyday lives.
You will be joining an established business practice with multiple in-flight projects and a continued demand for their services. This role will be responsible for the outputs of several small Consulting teams, engaging senior customer stakeholders, supporting Consulting personnel in the execution of their roles, supporting the mentoring and development of staff as well as growing the business through engaging with thei restablished customer base and seeking new opportunities.
Projects require the skills and experience to: provide advice and guidance on Information Assurance topics; develop IA strategies, policies, guidance and awareness; plan and manage the delivery of a security work programme; define security requirements; design and implement security architectures; and overseeing the secure development and accreditation of information systems.
It is essential that you have the following experience:
- Experience of complex ICT systems security in a technical delivery or consulting capacity within the UK Defence / MOD sector
- A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology
- The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and business stakeholders
- Proven abilities in delivering to client expectations and requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Knowledge of the following is highly desirable for the role:
- Structured security frameworks, such as HMG SPF and ISO27001
- Security, technical and enterprise architecture methods such as TOGAF and SABSA
- Technical risk assessments
- Software development and delivery
- ICT service delivery, including ITIL
- Enterprise security packages, security enforcing software and devices, such as identity management and federation, cryptography, public key infrastructure, firewalls, SIEM, vulnerability scanning, etc.
Preference will be given to candidates with a security-based master’s degree. Alternatively, a STEM based degree.
Generally, they need people who come from a Consulting and Client Facing background. As you will work closely with the company’s clients, they naturally need people to be effective team players and to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be able to pass stringent security clearance as SC clearance is a requirement.
In return they offer very interesting, challenging and varied work as well as a great flying start to your career or the progression to a more rewarding one. They provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house courses, leading to nationally recognised certifications, such as CCP, PCiIAA, CISMP, CISSP, CREST, ISO27001, SABSA, and TOGAF. They provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
More specific details available on application.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.