Land Agent, Ashford, Kent
Based in Kent and Sussex, our client is a progressive firm of rural and commercial Chartered Surveyors and Land Agents. They provide a full range of professional services to a diverse client base. They also specialise in commercial property, land, farms and country estates.
You will be working alongside senior team members however you will have the opportunity to take
responsibility for client work from a very early stage. You will also play a key role in the ongoing growth of our client with excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Advising clients on the Basic Payment Scheme, Environmental Land Management Scheme, Natural Capital Assessments in association with the Kent Wildlife Trust, Grant Funding, Cross Compliance, Diversification Projects and Mitigation Strategies and, depending on experience,
- Advising on farming structures such as contract farming agreements and share farming arrangements
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Educated to degree level (preferably with a degree in environmental management or agri-business)
- Have a good practical knowledge of agriculture and farming systems in Kent
- Have experience in advising clients on all matters relating to the Basic Payment Scheme and Stewardship Schemes
- Up to date on proposals relating to the introduction of ELMS
- Have a good understanding of emerging natural capital opportunities and ecosystem services
- A team player who is able to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of clients
- Have a current driving licence and access to a car
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.