£20,000 Per Annum
3-6 month contract
Our Client is a successful, family-owned company, proud of its achievements and its strong team. You will be part of a friendly and supportive team that aims to develop a culture of innovation, excellent customer service, and employee engagement.
We provide innovative chemistry equipment for safer, cleaner, greener, and more productive chemical research. Their largest customers are in the academic, pharmaceutical, biotech, agrochemical, chemical, and fine chemical markets. They sell directly in the UK and internationally via a network of distributors
This role involves working within the R&D Team to ensure the successful development of new chemistry instruments and equipment. Initially a 3-6 month contract with the possibility of a permanent role.
- Establishing and carrying out testing of chemistry lab equipment
- Assisting in the construction and testing of components, assemblies, jigs, etc.
- Collecting, analysing, and reporting data in a clear and structured way
- Ensuring lab and testing areas are kept clean and tidy
- Any other activities that support the R&D Team
- Helping out other departments as and when required
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A degree in chemical engineering, applied chemistry, or similar degree
- Testing and / or experimental experience
- Fully IT literate with standard Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working in the scientific instrument sector
- Working knowledge of scientific software
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact with colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Well organised, with good attention to detail, able to maintain high levels of accuracy
- Enthusiasm and perseverance, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Good prioritising skills as role is multifunctional and hectic at times
- Forward-thinking suggesting new ideas and approaches
- Diligent attitude with the determination to see things through to completion
- Capable of working as part of a team and able to use own initiative when working individually
- Willing to get stuck in with hands-on work as well as planning and analysis of results
- Good time keeper and reliable
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills
- Pleasant and positive manner
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.