£28,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
Key Account Manager - London
Salary: £28-32k + Bonus
Our client is an independent brewery based in Leeds, focused on creating the best beer experiences in the world. Inspired by their northern surroundings and the history of monastic brewing practised across the region for thousands of years, they commit to creating the highest quality beers, combining the best of traditional monastic brewing values with a progressive approach to ingredients and techniques.
We are looking for a senior sales professional to cover the London area and help win and manage key customer relationships across the trade including influential independent free trade and regional/national multiple operators. The Key Account Manager will spend their time targeting and winning new business and activating the brand in these venues. The KAM role is focused on their drive into the leading and prestige sector of the market and ultimately, they will be accountable for delivering the total channel revenue.
The company offers 29 days holiday, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve completed a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme. They offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world.
- The role requires you to support the Head of Sales in a growing sales team by managing and winning strategic customers.
- Win new business in key on trade outlets to help drive ROS and awareness across the portfolio of beers
- Manage customer relationships to drive ROS/permanent taps via best-in-class customer support, training, engagement and events
- Responsibility for their on-trade channel strategy with support from Head of Sales to deliver annual budget and drive growth agenda
- At all times be the face of the business in your region as a true ambassador for the company and brand
- To take a proactive approach in helping share best practice across the sales team
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in all correspondence and communication relating to their wholesale/key account customers and company
- Help with monthly specials stock allocation/rotation to ensure they maximise sales across your channels commercially and efficiently.
- Be comfortable representing the values and ethos of the company at all times
- Work with sales support to ensure the tasks of order processing, delivery notes and invoicing are all achieved timely and efficiently across your customer base.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
Be motivated, organised and encourage teamwork.
Must be passionate about brand and achieving something incredible
React quickly and positively to changing priorities
Provide consistent and accurate sales team updates regarding all areas of work
Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required
Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed
Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen
Ability to operate and negotiate at key account/national level
Very good understanding of the on-trade market/landscape across your region
Must have a solid network and track record of success across the premium on trade at groups level
Knowledge of the craft beer market including wholesale, key accounts and bottle shops is ideal
Strong communicator across written and verbal
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.