Catering & Hospitality
£27,500 Per Annum
Junior Sous Chef
Salary: up to 27,500 per year plus overtime
Type: Full time up to 45 hours
My Client is a small, eclectic group of luxury hotels, inns, restaurants & spas.
Situated in the beautiful Gloucestershire area. I am looking for Junior Sous Chef to join their Kitchen team.
Overal Purposef of job:
- To assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen operation
- To produce and deliver a variety of dishes to a high standard of preparation, production, and presentation.
- Ensure guests expectations are exceeded through consistent service and product delivery.
- Support the Head Chef in creating a team environment which promotes good morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride.
- Aim to achieve required standards of food service whilst ensuring that profitability targets are met.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide junior members of the kitchen team with support in training and development so that service and product delivery is consistent
- Ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to
- Ensure that all food is stored correctly, stocks rotated and temperature recorded in line with the Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure that exceptional standards of food service are delivered consistently
- Ensure that the kitchen operates effectively on a daily basis
- Maintain sufficient level of mise en place for Lunch and Dinner service.
- Ensure that staff meals are of a good wholesome and healthy standard.
- Develop a close working relationship with all F&B staff, promoting team within the department and hotel
- Motivate colleagues to achieve high standards of service and performance
Experience and Skills required:
- NVQ Level 3 as a minimum,
- CIEH Level 3
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate good food production
- Ability to work under the pressure of a busy Kitchen
What we can offer:
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Paid overtime
- Free car park
- Long service awards
- Discounts on food and stays in our properties
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.