Jewellery Valuer or Jewellery Specialist
Suffolk & Norfolk
The Job Role:
A great opportunity to join the team at an Auction House and Valuation business in Suffolk, and a second premises opening soon in Norfolk. The role is cross-functional between Jewellery Valuer and JewellerySpecialist, salary very competitive! This role will involve bringing on new business and helping to grow and enhance the business.
You will report to the Director, on strategies to encourage new business. Play an active role in business development activities to drive department sales. Maintain an active network of collectors, current established clients, trade contacts and jewellery dealers, utilising these connections to drive sales for the department, and encourage new business.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Valuing and advising clients on the sale of their jewellery, and authenticating the pieces being offered for sale.
- Providing exceptional service to clients when offering expert advice, and accurate valuations on the sale of their jewellery.
- You will be expected to promote the department in the local area via valuation days. .
- You will then assist with all aspects of cataloguing the valuations in readiness for the auctions, and be involved in the setting up of Sale Days- displaying the goods, arranging telephone bidding etc.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to speak to anyone who has worked as a Jewellery Valuer or Jewellery Specialist with experience or newly qualified.
- Expertise in Gemology, holding a trade recognised gemmology qualification.
- Pass the NAG (National Association of Goldsmiths) Professional Jewellers' Valuation Diploma Exam.
- Have at least 3 years Jewellery valuation experience.
- Clean Driving Licence.
Our client offers great career prospects and the opportunity to be part of regular jewellery, fine art and antique sales, and specialist auctions.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003