Jewellery and Watch Workshop Manager – Glasgow
Salary: Commensurate with experience (fixed term contract with option to extend)
Our client stock an eclectic array of rare treasures, including fine jewellery and precious gems sourced from all over the world. It quickly established a reputation for delighting even the most discerning customers with its wide variety of treasures and, as a result, enjoyed great success in its early years. They have grown to become one of the UK’s leading jewellers and aim to remain ‘a cut above’ the rest
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Jewellery and Watch Workshop Manager based in Glasgow.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Provide leadership and Management of both the Goldsmith and Watch Workshop
- Manage the Workshop budget with excellent problems solving skills to identify areas for improvement and evolve the processes for productivity with fiscal benefit to business.
- Continuous measurement of workshop to control the costs.
- Set targets and Key performance areas for the productivity of the workshop team and measurable outcomes on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Provide Comparison of the repair categories for the stores and reporting on the store performance to the agreed targets.
- Maintain the efficient operations of the jewellery and watch workshops this includes receiving and distributing all jewellery, watch repairs and alterations.
- Control and measure the damaged stock both customer and store stock damaged.
- Maintain the turnaround time of damaged stock to agreed guidelines and whilst ensuring Quality control is to the highest standard on either where it is supplier to repair or within the in-house workshop under your control.
- Control and measure the in house Manufacture process to allow time-bound stock replenishment of order to maintain turnover and to highest standard of Quality Control.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 29 days holiday per year
- Generous staff discounts
- 9 Month Fixed term contract with opportunity to become permanent upon completion of contract
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.