IT & Internet
£20,000 to £24,500 Per Annum
IT Technician - Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: £20k - £24.5k based on experience
A school-based in the North of Oxfordshire are looking to appoint a dynamic IT Technician to join their team. You will be responsible for all day-to-day technical support and IT systems management under the leadership of the Network Manager. Looking for a team-player who is an excellent IT technician with the skills to work effectively with all staff and students.
Working to provide IT support and contribute to the effective operation, maintenance and repair of all computers and computer related resources throughout the academy
- Provide first line technical support, responding to users’ helpdesk requests in a timely and effective manner to minimise any disruption to teaching, learning or administration
- Monitor the performance and fitness for purpose of end-user devices and resolving hardware and software faults, finding temporary workarounds where necessary and escalating to the ICT Network Manager where necessary.
- Monitor and manage network stability and performance
- Implement change requests
- Ensure compliance with backup, anti-virus and other security provisions
- Actively monitor or respond to assigned helpdesk jobs with diligence
- Log any helpdesk incidents reported verbally, to enable them to be adequately tracked, resolved, and reported on.
- Search knowledge base to inform diagnosis and resolution.
- Record detailed diagnostic information to assist with the building of the knowledge base.
- Where a satisfactory and immediate fix is not possible, escalate to the ICT Network Manager
- Install and test new peripherals.
- Perform basic PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve basic PC, printer, peripheral and software faults.
- Install applications and other software, configure and test and carry out any required maintenance of applications (e.g. install service packs).
- Perform basic diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment.
- Follow instructions to maintain user accounts and permissions.
Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of the management and troubleshooting of networked systems.
- A strong skillset in the management of users within a Windows environment.
- The ability to troubleshoot issues with hardware, identifying faults and resolving / escalating as required.
- Ability to prioritise workload & research potential fixes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 37 hours per week, Full time
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.