IT & Internet
£25,000 to £29,000 Per Annum
IT Service Desk Analyst - Manchester
My client, an insurance risk and commercial law based in Manchester are looking for a IT Service Desk Analyst to provide a professional, efficient and effective support service for the Firm’s users in the resolution of support incidents and requests and to support the delivery of solutions and system improvements to meet user requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Logging and ownership of incidents and requests created by Users through to final resolution ensuring clear communication of progress and timely escalation when necessary.
- Providing first line I.T. support in relation to hardware, software, applications and voice / data networks.
- Takes day-to-day responsibility for the support of I.T. systems for the provision of an effective support service to Users.
- Works closely with the Desktop Team, Infrastructure Team and Applications Team to help manage issues through to resolution and closure.
- Ensure support issues are correctly categorised and prioritised to assist Incident Management and provide accurate data for reporting.
- Maintaining a proactive approach to the delivery of I.T. Service for the business.
- Maintain and update a knowledge base including frequently asked questions to aid knowledge sharing, a consistent level of service and self-service issue resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software where appropriate.
- Test fixes, to ensure issues have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups for support issues to ensure Incidents / Requests have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Evaluate resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Build up an understanding of the computer environment and assist in the management and implementation of procedures & processes to ensure that control is maintained.
- Assisting with the implementation of new technologies and make appropriate recommendations for possible improvements.
- Dealing with and assist in the resolution of user complaints.
- Any other tasks/projects reasonably assigned by your line manager.
Requirements and competencies:
- Recent experience within a helpdesk / technical support operation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of supporting users in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office and enterprise email systems (preferably Microsoft Outlook).
- Experience of supporting remote working solutions (RDS & Direct Access)
- Experience of Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop operating system.
- Experience of Windows Server operating system (2012R2/2016/2019) is desirable.
- Experience of supporting mobile devices (iOS)
- Proven desktop support skills.
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.