IT & Internet
£35,000 to £39,000 Per Annum
IT Network Engineer Assessor - Lancashire
Salary: £35K to £39K plus Benefits
Our client is a well-established training provider offering business solutions, commercial courses and Apprenticeship programmes, as a business we are moving with the technology world and the Digital Apprenticeship Market is where we are looking to expand over the next few years. This makes it a really exciting time to join our business and gives the ideal candidate the opportunity to help shape the future of the organisation.
This role is working as part of professional services team as IT Network and Infrastructure Engineer with tutor / Assessor responsibilities. The primary role is teach, support and assess ICT learners who design, install, maintain and support ICT networks in a range of businesses. Typically our learners need to maintain high levels of operation of ICT networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for their users, such as staff, clients, customers and suppliers. They will understand anything from network configuration, cloud, network administration and monitoring tools, and be able to give technical advice and guidance, whilst coordinating the programme.
The responsibilities of the role will involve someone to design, deliver and teach classroom based sessions to apprentices in line with relevant qualification requirements. In addition to teaching you will be responsible for holding a small caseload of learners and will offer support and assess our Apprentices against the new standard with regards to ICT support and networks. With these learners, you will help guide them through building a quality portfolio of work which will help them with their end point assessment at the end of their qualification.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience for ICT 2nd line support
- Ideally who holds a relevant qualification in ICT which will allow them to teach and assess qualifications up to and including Level 4.
- Cyber knowledge would be advantageous
- Previous experience of either teaching or assessing, however this is not essential as full training can be provided.
- Pro-active self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and prioritise your own workload.
- The ability to take ownership and use initiative.
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.