IT & Internet
IT Development Manager - Cwmbran, Torfaen County Borough, Monmouthshire, Wales
Salary – Competitive Depending on Experience
Our client is a vibrant, energetic software development company with a passion for high quality web design and delivering software for new and exciting projects with large national brands. Their partners include the biggest price comparison websites and some of the most recognisable insurers in the UK. They offer a relaxed, collaborative and flexible working environment and a strong sense of team spirit.
They are now looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated IT Development Manager to join their team delivering consumer-facing insurance comparison websites.
As an IT Development Manager, you’ll need proven people and project management experience within a busy software development environment. You‘ll be responsible for the planning, execution and success of complex technical projects, measured by the delivery of robust software, on time and to budget.
You’ll also manage the Development Team, setting high expectations, providing regular feedback and actively encouraging them to upgrade and develop their skill sets. You’ll work closely with senior stakeholders, so you’ll need to have strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven track record of managing stakeholder relationships effectively. In addition, you’ll need the technical knowledge and experience to contribute to technical leadership and build credibility with your team. A good understanding of financial products and the financial services industry would be an advantage, but it’s more important to have the capability and willingness to develop detailed knowledge of these areas.
Required Skills & Experience to include;
- Delivery Management - ensure that the IT Development team delivers high quality software on time that meets business requirements.
- Technical Leadership - Establish technical architecture and coding standards, Call on knowledge and experience to create and maintain appropriate software engineering standards.
- People Management & Leadership - Use Agile delivery practices and leadership skills to inspire and develop the team of LAMP developers. Recruit, lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Open-Source Technologies, especially Django, CentOS (Linux), MySQL and Python
- Experience managing full lifecycle delivery of Software as a Service Web Apps based on LAMP technology using Agile methodologies, specifically SCRUM.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary depending on experience, plus good benefits and a great opportunity to develop your career with a leading organisation.
We look forward to receiving applications form candidates who meet the above criteria.
Please apply with your full up to date CV. Our client requires candidates to complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process. This will be sent back to you once you apply. Please only apply if you match the criteria outlined.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003