Infrastructure Engineer - Essex
My client is a dynamic established transportation consultancy. They are a specialist transportation planning and highway engineering consultancy operating nationally in the U.K. and their expertise covers all modes of land transport.
Their relatively small size compared to the larger multi-disciplinary Civil/Transportation companies allows them to offer a client-focused ‘hands-on service’ based on a culture of project management excellence. The company has been trading since October 2000 and has a proven track record.
They bring a comprehensive approach to the planning process working alongside their client base of leading property developers, town planners, architects and local government offices, through which they communicate their awareness of the significance of sustainable transport solutions, and the importance of developing practical, environmentally sensitive and financially viable planning solutions.
My client is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer, with at least 5 years experience, to lead a small infrastructure design team. Prospects of progression within the company structure are good for the right candidate
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, works/construction inspections and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction
- Developing highway designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCad, Microdrainage and 3D modelling software.
- Production of technical reports as required
- Management of work packages/schemes
- Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience in detailed highway and drainage design.
- Experience to include all aspects of project design work from inception of schemes to implementation of works on site.
- Experience of Client liaison and attendance at meetings essential.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate experience of AutoCad, Microdrainage and 3D modelling software.
- In addition, candidates should have a detailed understanding of design standards as well as highway contracts and legal agreements.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.