IT & Internet
£35,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Infrastructure Consultant – Poole
Salary: £35k - £55k+ Bonus + Pension + Free car parking + Staff discount scheme
Our client are a leading provider of IT solutions, providing services to SME’s to sizeable PLC’s, local business to international firms. They are proud of their excellent partnerships with industry vendors Citrix and Microsoft and are the UK’s number one Gold Partner with SAP (Business One and ByDesign). Today, their head office is a state-of-the-art, custom designed technology centre in Poole, which houses many of their professional, experienced, and passionate team of IT specialists.
An enthusiastic and professional individual is required to join an established technical consultancy team. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of complex infrastructure projects and will interface closely with pre-sales consultants, helpdesk and project management staff.
- Candidates should have engineering and consultancy experience, with a proven history of clear and accurate project documentation and successfully managed and implemented projects.
- A background in Microsoft technologies is essential. Microsoft Windows Server technology skills should be MCSA level or equivalent with RDS and Microsoft Exchange also being high on the list.
- Microsoft Cloud knowledge and experience is vital, ideally including Office 365, Azure AD, Intune and use of Powershell to deploy and manage these systems.
- Engineering experience in VMware ESXi / vSphere 6, Hyper-V, Citrix XenDesktop (VSD and VPD) and NetScalers is desirable.
- All candidates are expected to have solid working knowledge of Networking (LAN and WAN), Security Technologies (FW’s, AV, DLP etc) and Storage-Area-Networks.
- Excellent commercial and technical awareness
- Microsoft MCP in Windows Server 2008 /2012 / 2016 (MCSA/MCSE preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of RDS technologies and the modern workplace
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 core technologies
- Office 365 migration experience
- Good networking skills
- Experience working in collaborative teams to deliver complex infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with customers
- Good communicator with a professional telephone manner
- Well-presented and a welcoming and friendly manner
- Efficient and professional
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Good time management
- Multitasker with a can-do attitude
- Flexible and tenacious
- Experience of requirement analysis and project definition
- Experience of Project Costing
- Deployment and management skills using Intune
- Identity systems (Azure AD, ADFS, MFA)
- Azure IaaS experience
- A good understanding of SAN environments
- Experience writing and executing platform test plans
- Microsoft Exchange skills
- SUSE Linux Experience
- Experience in Citrix technologies
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English - grade C or above
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.