Industrial Cleaner - Shildon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Our client is a precision engineering and fabrication family-run company with over 45 years. As they have a loyal, highly skilled, and dedicated workforce who are committed to CPD ensuring customer deadlines and quality requirements are continuously achieved with all sectors of machining, fabrication and engineering experience. They are based in Shildon, England.
Our client requires an Industrial Cleaner and Handyman to keep their factory clean and work areas clean in accordance with health and safety risk assessments. They anticipate that cleaning with take 4 hours per shift and the remainder of the shift will be spent undertaking other semi-skilled activities to support production.
- Cleaning factory floor and green walkways.
- Cleaning toilets, changing room, eating and public areas
- Cleaning exterior of cranes, girders, and handrails below 2m
- Cleaning industrial machinery including CNC machine clean downs and emptying swarf bins
- Cleaning – emptying bins into the appropriate recycling skips
- Cleaning – keeping yards and external areas clean and safe for access and egress
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Semi-Skilled – have current Forklift licence and preferably also a MEWPS licence or be capable of obtaining them
- Semi-Skilled – packing finished goods for delivery
- Semi-Skilled – painting, grinding, sawing, and finishing work
- Semi-Skilled – any other activities you can be safely deployed on
- Semi-Skilled – current driving licence – occasionally may be asked to take/collect goods to and from suppliers or customers
- Previous industrial cleaning is essential preferably in a CNC machining environment
- Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have current driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
- Current Driving Licence, Fork Lift and MEWPS licences
Hours of Work:
- 38 hours per week permanent backshift 16.00 to 02.00 Monday to Thursday
The candidates will need to confirm their identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as their nationality, immigration status and right to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.