HR and Recruitment
£55,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
HR Business Partner - Uxbridge
Salary £55K - £65K depending on experience.
My client in Uxbridge is looking for a HR Business Partner to join the team.
The Human Resources Business Partner is a hands-on professional who advises and consults with management and employees on all HR related issues.
The role is responsible for a broad range of HR functions including but not limited to compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection, employee relations, employee engagement, learning & development and other HR projects and initiatives.
The position will ensure compliance with all applicable laws, Company policies and procedures and provide general support across all HR topics.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Previous Experience as a Senior HR Generalist/HR BP or similar role.
• University degree or equivalent work experience/certification such as Professional in Human Resources (CIPD) certification to level 7
• Sound knowledge of UK Employment regulations.
• Multi-territory EMEA experience desirable (working knowledge of European regulations experience an advantage)
• Must be organized, able to multitask and manage competing priorities while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor with all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• A forward thinking, perceptive individual, capable of influencing others and effectively interacting with individuals at all levels of the Company. Excellent customer service and team oriented
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize/multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• Strong internal customer focus, along with a desire to learn all aspects of the business
• Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations’ needs
• Self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions, take ownership and accountability, operate with minimal supervision
• Integrity, professionalism, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality essential
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs and HR Systems.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Manage all staff functions including preparing and coordinating approvals for all hiring-related documents, screening candidates, completing background checks (references etc.), preparing job descriptions, preparing offer letters, preparing contracts of employment, conducting new hire process and onboarding of new employees, updating hiring managers on status, verifying new hire paperwork, notifying appropriate departments regarding employee status/changes.
• Provide hands-on and strategic support to managers in recruitment, selection and interviewing as required.
• Address and resolve employee relations issues including having responsibility for investigations, disciplinary, grievance and redundancies and partner with senior managers to make recommendations to determine the appropriate corrective actions.
• Manage and oversee the administration of leaves of absence, including short, and long-term absence, maternity, paternity, unpaid personal leave, jury service, bereavement etc. Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations and will understand and support the Company’s policies and programs. Coordinate all leave with local Payroll and department managers. Manage and maintain relationship with all external HR/Legal consultants, local employment lawyers, etc.
• Manage the global mobility i.e. sponsorship/work visa process of any international employees as required.
• Experience preparing, updating and managing HR policies and procedures.
• Experience writing and updating employee handbooks.
• Keep abreast of HR trends, industry news and economic trends as they impact the Company and HR function.
• Field any employee queries in relation to the employment terms and conditions and payroll.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of all employee records and employee database.
• Ensure compliance with local employment laws, as well as Company policies and procedures.
• Be responsible for handling employee separations and ensuring exit interviews are conducted.
• Other HR projects, initiatives and related duties as assigned
• Stakeholder management involving coordination of all recruitment activity for the region
• Attendance of relevant department business meetings as necessary
• Driving process improvement across the function and mitigating risk
• Liaison with internal payroll team and external bureaus to ensure accurate and timely submission of information for payroll processing
• Observing local laws to ensure the company understands risk and ways in which we can operate more effectively as we enter new markets
• Manage performance management cases across the region in conjunction with managers – ensuring fair and consistent handling to company standards
• Train and provide direction to team members ensuring that the respective regions are operating well
• Identify fix issues for the region and work to correct these with the relevant parties
• Provide reports as necessary such as labour turnover, headcount, exit interview data and holiday reports both to audit and observe trends within the business
• Help drive continuous improvement within the team and business to ensure a progressive HR service.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.