HGV Drainage Engineer -Leicester
Our client are specialists in drain clearance, repairs, and maintenance to both commercial and domestic customers throughout the East Midlands. They are ideally based to provide a comprehensive range of drain maintenance services throughout Leicestershire and the Midlands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for our client to recruit a full-time a full time HGV Drainage Engineer to join a friendly team based in Leicester. The successful candidate will earn a competitive Salary which will be reviewed after 3 months. The candidate will work 45 hours per week 07.30 – 17.00 Monday -Friday. Availability to work overtime is expected but not guaranteed. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established, professional company.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and be reliable.
- You will have good communication skills, be committed and hard working.
- You will be able to assess risk and adopt a safe working practice to undertake the task, have a can-do attitude and be IT literate.
- You will be able to demonstrate responsibility, respect, resourcefulness, and team working.
- You will be able to meet a demanding work schedule and quality of work that meets the customer’s high standards.
- This is a physically demanding role, which occurs outdoors in all weathers.
- The successful candidate will be working within the drainage engineering team and will be working mainly throughout Central England operating the JHL Tanker, Jet-Vac or Vacuum Tanker units in the sewerage and drainage industry.
- The successful applicant will undertake all aspects of the sewer cleaning work both reactively and planned.
- You are required to participate in an Out of Hours Rota, to deliver exceptional customer service.
- You will be expected to comply with all current Health and Safety Legislation and carry out your own risk assessments.
- You will receive job instructions via an email system and be expected to provide feedback via the same route.
- You will have the minimum of a clean HGV class 2 driving license plus CPC.
- You will need a valid CSCS card or be willing to apply for one.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in driving and operating a JHL/Bucher Flex line Tanker, and a Whale Vacuum Tanker Unit and will be experienced in all forms of drain/sewer blockage clearance, root cutting, descaling, over pumping and tankering by emptying septic tanks and pump wells. However full training can be provided.
- Responding to customer reported incidents and clearing blockages/jetting and providing feedback on actions taken.
- Jetting/flushing/de-silting of sewers.
- Planned and reactive maintenance.
- Communication with customers and management.
- Detailed and timely completion of actions taken on all incidents in the work management systems.
- Ability to operate and maintain JHL/Bucher Flex Line tanker and Whale Vacuum Tankers.- Training will also be given
- Cleaning up affected areas following flooding events.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.