£35,000 Per Annum
Health & Safety Manager
Salary circa £35K
My client close to Wembley is looking for a Health & Safety Manager Previous experience working in food manufacturing and understanding food safety would be an advantage but not essential. Good English and strong IT skills is essential.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
- Group and site induction.
- NEBOSH General certificate as a minimum but be prepared to be working towards Diploma through either NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ.
- To become a graduate member of IOSH and conduct Continual Professional Development (CPD).
- IEMA or NEBOSH Environmental certificate.
- Innovative approach and positive attitude
- Good levels of written and verbal communication
- Strong IT skills, with confidence in Microsoft packages; specifically, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, as required.
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Take reasonable care for your own and other's health and safety while at work and to Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
- Anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare must not be intentionally or recklessly interfered with or misused.
- Responsible to ensure that the H&S training needs of the site are understood, and staff have the relevant training required to carry the tasks they are undertaking safely.
- Ensuring effective engagement & participation with safety tours, committee meetings, risk assessment, accident investigations, hazard & near miss reporting, took box talks/ safety focus. Ensuring all relevant safety inspections are undertaken and documented as required and any defects/ issues are resolved in a timely manner. These include management safety inspections and line pre-start checks.
- Coaching and mentoring your team through periods of change, especially the introduction of new equipment/ processes, or changes in layout. Responsible for monitoring & reviewing staff behaviour, challenging unsafe behaviour/ practices and correcting them.
- Ensure effective communication to all direct reports on awareness of KPl's; accidents, hazard & near misses.
- Responsible for accident investigations, to ensure these are completed to the required standard and in a
- timely manner, root cause is established, and any corrective actions assigned.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information and instruction given by your employer.
- To respect and honour the sentiment of the company ethical policies and codes of conduct, when interacting with your colleagues at all times.
- To work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the company Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
- Where there are any Environmental Permit conditions in place, to ensure that where you have direct influence on these areas, then these are adhered to within the required limits.
- To work in partnership with the Senior Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.
- Under the control of the Site Director, control and report on any discrepancies that may occur in relation to Health & Safety or training concerns.
- To ensure that targets set are met: or if this is not possible, shortfalls are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner
- To implement and coordinate the sites IS045001, IS014001 & ISOSOOOl management systems to ensure continued certification.
- To work with site management and engineers to ensure that all machinery is safe to operate and if required ensure that appropriate action is taken to either rectify issue or remove from service until such works are completed.
- To review and revise all site risk assessments that are required to be re-assessed on an annual basis or following an accident or near miss.
- To bring to the attention of the Operations Manager any issues that may arise, that could have a serious effect on the business in relation to Health, Safety or Environmental issue on site.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.