Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£10.54 Per Hour
Health Care Team Leader – Whitehead, Northern Ireland
Salary: £ 10.54ph.
Hours: 42hours per week over a 2 week rolling rota (Week 1 3x12hrs Week 2 4x12hrs) Nights
My client has over 25 year’s experience in the private nursing home sector, in which each of their homes holds an excellent reputation for providing high quality care. They are looking for a Healthcare team leader to join their home in Whitehead, Northern Ireland to continue their commitment to client care providing a home from home environment. In return my client will invest in your training and development to ensure that client care is embedded in everything they do.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a nursing home environment and be confident in their ability and have a caring nature. You will be an effective communicator and excellent team player being able to work both alone and providing leadership and guidance to a team of Health care assistants. The successful candidate will hold or be working towards their level 3 health & social care qualification. Also, must be registered or working towards being registered with the NISCC.
Responsible for the care management of residential clients.
- Provision of care in accordance with agreed care plans ensuring they are updated at least monthly or sooner if there are any changes. In addition, daily progress notes must be accurately recorded for each resident.
- Nutritional Intake
- Prevention of pressure sores
- Mouth care as directed by the nurse
- Management of continence and incontinence
- Repositioning residents in accordance with manual handling requirements
- Assisting residents with mobility
- Assisting with personal hygiene
- Assisting in the bathing of residents in bed or in the bathroom
- Liaise with the relatives regarding residents
- Liaise with the multi-disciplinary team
- Carry out preliminary obs for residents
- Carry out audits as per the managers report when requested to do so
- Request medical assistance when required
- Reporting of incidents/accidents
- Medication Administration
- Induction of new staff
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Hold or be working towards Level 3 Health & Social Care
- Registered with the NISCC or working towards
- Previous Senior Carer experience
- Compassionate and caring individual
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Ability to lead a team and act as a role model
- Assist with induction for new starters
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.