Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£8.91 Per Hour
Health Care Assistant – Various locations – Belfast, Bangor, Larne & Whitehead
Hours: Full time & Part time hours available covering both days & Nights.
My client has over 25 year’s experience in the private nursing home sector, in which each of their homes holds an excellent reputation for providing high quality care. They are looking for several Care Assistants to join their homes across Northern Ireland to continue their commitment to client care providing a home from home environment. In return my client will invest in your training and development to ensure that client care is embedded in everything they do.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a nursing home environment and be registered or working towards their registration with the NISCC. You will also have obtained your level 2 in health & Social care or keen to gain this qualification to build on your current skills and qualifications. Full training will be provided.
The purpose of this role is to be a team player and to help create and maintain a healthy and safe environment for all residents we support.
- Providing care & Support following detailed care plans
- Monitoring nutritional intake
- Use of moving and handling equipment to aid in the prevention of pressure sores.
- Personal care
- Assist with toileting and pad changes
- Support to manoeuvre around the home safely
- Promote clients to remain as independent as possible providing both living and social skills.
- Encouraging to take part in new activities and supporting them with activities they enjoy.
- Social support
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Hold a Level 2 in Health & Social care or willing to obtain this qualification
- Registered with the NISCC or working towards
- Previous experience as a Health Care Assistant
- Compassionate and caring individual
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.