Marketing & PR
£90,000 Per Annum
Head of Product (Publishing) - Remote/ UK
£90k basic (12 months FTC)
My client, an award-winning Publishing House and they provide the tools needed for editorial to do their job, the digital support to help those users get the best out of them and ultimately the underlying agencies news platform that serves content, plus its future state. They are one of the largest commercial publisher and digital platforms in the UK and is home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
They are looking for a Head of Product (12 month FTC) who will be responsible for all products and projects in their Editorial Services and Platforms stream, which is a key strategic pillar supporting internal and customer facing products and an important enabling team for all of Product and Engineering.
This role can be 100% home based or hybrid, your choice !
- Overall accountability for success of Editorial Services and Platform Products and projects including creating and maintaining vision, strategy, KPIs and roadmap/s for the group.
- Planning and looking for opportunities for what is needed to support and grow the platform and services for the group and the company as a whole.
- Making sure the underlying platform framework can support the business initiatives across the company for now and for the future.
- Uphold agency policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure their values around non-discrimination are incorporated in everything they publish
- Helping develop and drive tools and processes for the technology teams, promoting best practice.
- Responsible for assessment, coordination, decision-making and prioritisation of work into the various platform workstreams.
- Timely and appropriate communication with and reporting back to key stakeholders and internal customers.
- Coordination and management of dependencies and close collaboration with other product managers and project managers and PMO.
- Line management and development of direct report/s.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in product management ‘doing’ roles
- Preparing a Product Strategy / Vision
- Experience of working on B2B products - someone with a strong technical understanding but a customer focus
- Translating business to technical requirements and vice versa
- Understanding fundamental technical principles
- Demonstrable experience of greenfield products and taking an idea to a reality on a large scale.
- Competitor analysis, trend watching/horizon scanning, and market research
- Making data-informed decisions and a clear understanding of how to measure success
- Managing complex dependencies across teams
- Line management of 1 or more Product Managers
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.