£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Head Of Nutrition (New Business Development) - Stockport
Salary: £40k-50k plus bonus structure
My client’s business is about chemicals but they aren't producers or consumers. Their role and expertise is in the sourcing and supply of specialist materials from around the globe.
It’s about researching potential suppliers and about verifying the quality, purity and authenticity of their products, so that what they sell is of the highest possible standard. It’s about finding exciting new products and about developing markets for them in the UK and overseas. And it’s about spotting emerging trends amongst consumers and responding to changing demands quickly and efficiently.
They supply chemicals, oils and extracts to industries such as Cosmetic and personal care, Essential oils, Agro-chemicals, Nutraceuticals and Preservatives
As Head of Nutrition, you will be responsible for the new sales development and profitable growth of my clients’ market within UK & Europe for Health & Nutrition.
Candidates’ main role will be to Identify new market trends whilst working to agreed sales initiatives. Responsible for identifying new customers/products and working with existing customer accounts to develop and plan strategies for the company’s growth.
The Candidate will lead a team of ambitious individuals, to grow the Nutrition Sector, looking for fresh opportunities as a team to put my client to the forefront of the Nutrition market for nutraceuticals, OTCs, food & beverage, sports nutrition, and animal nutrition.
This is an office-based role with occasional travel to customers and suppliers.
- Identify and execute business development plans for new& existing accounts in the Nutrition Sector.
- Research and plan new project opportunities, leading the team to bring these to life.
- Identify and execute profitable sales opportunities, creating win/win scenarios.
- Manage and develop Product Range of own and promote these to the further sales team.
- Manage supply chain of purchasing material.
- Be able to identify gaps in the market and strategise gains for the company.
- Monitoring the market and identify market potential for my client.
- Develop relationships and ensure regular communication with existing customers using a mixture of communication skills. (Will be out on the road 2/3 days a week)
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 6+ Years’ experience within Business development, field-based position
- 6+ Years’ experience within the nutrition market.
- 4+ Years’ experience of leading a team and can demonstrate success of this.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare and execute account development plans and strategies.
- The ability to think outside of the box on new projects and present confidently to implement to the sales team.
- Candidate must have Analytic & Prospecting skills.
- Must have strong Outlook& Microsoft Officeskills.
- Knowledge of the Regulatory & certifications required for import & export of Nutrition materials.
- Must have UK Driving license and be happy to travel.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.