IT & Internet
Head of IT
Location: Killybrone, Ireland
Salary: Very Competitive, Depending on Experience
Asthe Head of IT, you will be defining and implementing the IT roadmap to align with the company's business objectives. Broad skills in network and infrastructure management. Lead, manage & mentor the IT team while providing knowledge to help grow the experience/ skill within the team.
Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems. This will include operating systems, servers, PCs, tablets, phones, software apps and peripherals.
A great opportunity for an IT manager (Head of IT) to take full responsibility and control of the IT infrastructure. Develop new IT strategies and lead end-to-end delivery of digital projects for digital transformation As the Head of IT / IT Manager, you can expect to receive a very competitive salary, depending on experience, plus benefits.
The Job Role:
- As the Head of IT, you will be fully responsible for the network infrastructure, including all aspects of the Microsoft O365 environment, desktop, and network security, ensuring best practices and standards.
- The role is to oversee the use of technology throughout the business including its development and implementation across all areas of the business.
- Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed,
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing.
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end-users.
- Keeping up to date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting.
- Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals
- Evaluating risk, developing network recovery and backup processes
- Assessing and purchasing new and replacement hardware
- Assuring that IT activities are within the limits of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Testing, troubleshooting, and adjusting information systems to operate effectively
- Implementing security of the network, data and its storage and communication systems
- All other duties that may be reasonably required with job holders’ level in the company.
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- 5 years' experience in IT industry
- Experience in managing a team and developing people
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Experience with data analysis in Power BI / similar
- Degree in IT
- Self-starter individual.
- Good communication, administrative and organisational skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Flexible, innovative, and keen to develop skills.
- Adaptable and able to work on a variety of tasks, prioritising as appropriate.
Benefits and culture:
- Work at a well-established and progressive company with a friendly team, and great a working atmosphere.
- Work in a company that deeply invests in their staff development and progression.
- Very competitive salary and company benefits
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.