Catering & Hospitality
£12 Per Hour
Head Cook - Easton Maudit
Hours: 37.5hrs per week across 5 days including alternating weekends
My client is a small rural charity that provides exceptional care and support for 19–60-year-olds with varying disabilities across two locations in Easton Maudit & Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire.
They are seeking an outgoing Head chef to join their team who will be primarily based in Easton Maudit. The successful candidate must understand that the house is a residential home and that they will be working within a domestic type of environment. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, flexible, reliable, and provide a good quality of service to all residents preparing nutritious well-presented freshly cooked meals.
This position would suit a catering manager or experienced cook who has a strong interest in providing hygienic catering service, working as part of a team, and enjoys working with people
- To ensure that all requirements required within The Good Food Better Business Folder are recoded daily in compliance with Legislation. Would this make sends to an applicant
- To be aware of and cater for clients’ dietary needs and preferences.
- Have food allergy awareness, they have dairy free, IDDSI pureed and minced and moist diets.
- To involve the people, they support in menu planning.
- To control stocks and purchases, thereby allocating quantity of materials.
- Order food and accepting deliveries.
- To keep all purchases within allocated budget.
- To ensure that all food is used within the required period with particular attention being made to perishable goods.
- To undertake and maintain high standards of hygiene and Cleaning ensuring kitchen, food preparation and food stores are always clean by using a cleaning schedule and recording when completed.
- To ensure all equipment is maintained to Health and Safety Standards and report any problems to the Management Team immediately.
- To ensure that disposal of waste complies with Health and Safety Regulations.
- To report to the Management Team any problems with staff that may detract from the efficient running of the kitchen.
- To ensure that you are responsible for follow Policies, Procedures, and all legislation.
- To Supervise and direct the kitchen assistant.
- To ensure that you and staff you are responsible have up to date training and notify the Senior Management Team of any Training needs.
- To support/train new staff in the role they are employed.
- To notify Management of any sickness of self or staff as soon as possible.
- To undertake any reasonable request from the Senior Management Team
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Hold Level 1 & 2 Food hygiene Certificate
- Hold Level 3 food hygiene certificate or at least willing to complete
- Experience in supporting and assisting clients to prepare nutritious foods to meet their dietary requirements.
- Incorporate a diverse menu plan on weekly basis
- Satisfactory clearance of an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate.
- Managing hectic workloads
- Team management skills
- Understanding COSHH & RIDDOR
- hold a full driving licence due to the rural location.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.