Education & Training
£23,500 to £25,000 Per Annum
Functional Skills Trainer - Carlisle
Salary: £23,500 - £25,000 p.a. dependant on qualifications and experience
Our client is an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ training organisation, based in the North West of England providing a wide range of high quality further education.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to teach and assess Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT) to students at Levels 1 & 2, based at our client’s Carlisle training centre.
You do not need to hold a formal teaching qualification to apply for this role as this will be provided.
- Delivery of Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT) up to and including Level 2.
- Provide high quality teaching to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
- Carry out research and product development for new and existing qualifications.
- Supervise and assist learners.
- Invigilate exams in line with standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Hold level 2 qualifications in numeracy and literacy.
- Strong knowledge of the subject area (a confident understanding of Maths, English & ICT).
- Full UK driving license.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A team player and a supportive colleague.
- A ‘can do’ and proactive approach.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.