IT & Internet
£50,000 to £68,000 Per Annum
Full-stack Engineer within Publishing – Remote/ UK
£50k -£68k basic
My client is an award-winning Publishing House. They are one of the largest commercial publishers and digital platforms in the UK and is home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
They are looking for three Full stack Software Engineers to join various departments within the Agency to support a wider digital team that supports their editorial titles by exploring new technologies and partnerships in order to help monetisation of their content. Will send you all three different job specs when you apply!
This role can be 100% home based or hybrid, your choice !
The Ideal Candidate:
- You can be a generalist with backend and/or frontend experience or a specialist in either back or frontend with an interest in working across the full stack.
- Will send you all three different job specs when you apply, to see which one best fits your skills.
Some other things that they would like in a candidate (you don’t have to check all to apply!)
- Familiarity with automated testing at different levels of the test pyramid
- An understanding of HTTP, caching and how the web works
- Optimising performance to scale to handle large quantities of content data and high volumes of traffic across numerous websites
- Their infrastructure is in Amazon Web Services and as such they make great use of the different capabilities it provides.
- Their primary editorial tool is a Java based CMS on ECS that integrates with third parties such as Brightcove Video for specialist needs.
- Their supporting services are built with the appropriate tool as decided by the team. As some examples, they have services in Node.js and Java running on AWS technologies such as Kinesis, AWS Lambda, DynamoDB and ECS.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.