Food Factory Operative – London
Our client is a family run business based in the UK. They operate from a fully EC registered factory based in London. With over 30 years of knowledge and experience in the industry they are specialists in the Biltong trade dedicated to providing high quality Biltong throughout the UK and Europe.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for our client to recruit a full-time Food Factory Operative to work in our expanding food factory. Applicants must be able to take instruction, be punctual, hardworking, reliable and be a team player. The successful applicant will be working 5 days a week and 6 days at busy times or for holiday cover. The Client has a 8 hour shift pattern which is from 8am - 5pm with a 1 hour unpaid break split throughout the day. There will be overtime opportunities at busy times, and the successful candidate will receive 28 days annual leave.
- Must be able to work with Beef, Pork, Lamb & Chicken.
- You must be physically able to carry out these activities.
- Hanging of meat products on racks to be cooked.
- Weighing, labelling, spicing & packing of cured/dry and fresh meat products of various flavours and weights, according to the our and the customer requirements.
- You will be taught on the job to use the various types of equipment safely and effectively.
- Cleaning of equipment and area daily and as required - we have strict cleaning and hygiene standards.
- During busy times, holidays and sick days you will be required to help in different areas, you must have a flexible, team spirited approach to work and a good eye for detail.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Basic English a minimum requirement.
- Candidate must be willing to learn and take responsibility growing with the role during and after training, your salary will reflect your dedication and ability to carry out trained tasks.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.