Catering & Hospitality
£27,500 Per Annum
Food and Beverage Manager (Luxury Country Hotel)
Location: Darlington - DL3
Salary: £27,500 plus benefits
Full Time - 40 hrs p/week
Working in an operational role the Food & Beverage Manager will be hard working who can work under their own initiative and lead by example. You will have strong restaurant, bar and banqueting experience and be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of service and events.
You must be able to motivate the team to achieve targets through a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel products and services. Ensuring the restaurant and function suites are always presented within Company Standards, leading from the front in a proactive and enthusiastic manner.
Main Skills & Responsibilities include:
- Supervising food and event service
- Overseeing the management of the restaurant alongside the Restaurant Supervisors
- Working closely with the Operations Manager, other managers and supervisors to meet the demands of the business
- Communicating and working closely with the kitchen team
- Staff management, recruitment and training
- Rota planning
- Regular evening and weekend shifts
- Ensuring the restaurant, public and bar areas are always clean and tidy
- Budget management
- Stock control and liaising with suppliers
- Adhering to company standards, policies, and procedures
- Cover Duty Management shifts when required
- Team training, stock control, placing orders and upholding.
Ideal candidates will be experienced within a busy restaurant environment and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Have a solid hospitality background, working within busy establishments that include Weddings, Functions & Events.
- Be a natural people person, able to build good relationships with customers
- Possess excellent attention to detail and have a passion for the industry.
- Be a hands-on manager committed to providing an excellent level of customer service.
- Have front of house managerial experience. (e.g. Staff rotas, running shifts, cash handling, opening/ closing, staff training, stock control)
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.