Wells, Street, Somerton
Float Legal Secretary
Location: Wells, Street, and Somerton, Somerset
Salary: Dependent on level of experience
Start Date: ASAP
Full Time, 35 Hours per week, Permanent
Our Client is a leading established law firm based in Somerset and is looking to appoint an experienced Legal Secretary to work across a range of departments and offices in a float capacity. Areas to be covered will include Property, Family, Private Client, and Litigation, across multiple offices in Somerset. Support staff are highly regarded at this organisation.
- Be responsible for providing full inclusive secretarial support which will include the use of a digital transcription system to create a range of documents in line with the organisation’s house style, together with the preparation of draft bills and other financial documentation.
- Ensure that client files are both opened and closed and demonstrate effective file management including location and retrieval.
- Manage emails and correspondence (internal and external)
- Draft replies to routine correspondence when required
- Carry out photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Undertake online search while talking to Clients over the phone and in person
- Proven secretarial experience within a legal environment, ideally gained within a range of departments (property, Family, Private Client and Litigation)
- Ability to operate with professionalism and expertise
- Confident to work without direct supervision; able to work on own initiative and take responsibility
- Able to demonstrate organisational intelligence and communication skills.
- Solid Microsoft Office software and formatting skills
- Highly flexible with the ability to take on tasks on a range of matters
- keen to provide a high level of professional secretarial support and work with team members to provide Clients with a high standard of service.
- Methodical, Organised and very Flexible approach to work.
- Great Typist
- A competitive salary
- a discretionary twice-yearly bonus
- 22 rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- workplace pension scheme
- professional development support
- progression routes.
Our Client has embraced flexible working throughout the pandemic and are adopting a hybrid of homeworking and office working going into the future.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.