IT & Internet
£22,000 Per Annum
First Line Support Technician – Poole
Salary: up to £22k + Bonus + Pension + Discount Shopping Scheme + Free Car Parking + 25 Days Holidays + Flexible working hours
Our client are a leading provider of IT solutions, providing services to SME’s to sizeable PLC’s, local business to international firms. They are proud of their excellent partnerships with industry vendors Citrix and Microsoft and are the UK’s number one Gold Partner with SAP (Business One and ByDesign). Today, their head office is a state-of-the-art, custom designed technology centre in Poole, which houses many of their professional, experienced, and passionate team of IT specialists.
The company seeks a high-calibre individual to join a well-established team to provide 1st line support for both applications and infrastructure products and solutions. Application support centres around the outstanding business system SAP Business One and related products. Infrastructure support involves all aspects of hardware, operating systems, networking, and other related disciplines. You will be primarily responsible for incident logging, agreeing priorities and setting realistic expectations of resolution with customers, assigning, and managing the technician’s queues, updating the end users, dealing with simple 1st line issues and maintaining support contracts. After training you may be expected to assist with the resolution of basic support issues. Appropriate product training, orientation and mentoring is provided in a combination of structured training, self-paced learning and vocational coaching.
**Working hours will within core hours 7am to 7pm. Shift rota for the department will be in place to cover these hours (shifts would be rota’s to be 7am to 3.30pm, 8am to 4.30pm, 9am to 5.30pm and 10.30am to 7pm)
Candidates should have experience in providing technical support in a help-desk environment or other relevant experience in a customer service oriented and customer facing environment.
- A professional and confident manner
- Understanding of Active Directory/Group Policies
- Understanding of anti-virus products and technologies
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, networking principles and Microsoft Server Operating systems.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Products and Admin Console
- Good interpersonal skills and communicator
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to think laterally under pressure with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Citrix /Microsoft RDS / SQL/ Solarwinds Nable
- Working knowledge of backup technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix /Microsoft RDS/ Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Scripting (Powershell etc)
- Veeam knowledge
- Azure/Intune/MDM Experience
- SAP B1 knowledge
Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English - grade C or above
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.