£45,000 Per Annum
Fire Service Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Starting at £45,000 (minimum 5yrs experience) + benefits
Our client is one of the originators of external / security lighting and after setting up a manufacturing facility to support sales and distribution they were soon involved in the design and installation of electronic security fire systems. They passionately believe that their success has been, and will continue to be, through their commitment to excellence and delivering a level of service unsurpassed in the industry.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Fire Service Manager join their team in Stevenage.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Budget responsibility for managing the Fire Service Department including the Engineers, Clerical Support and liaise with the Fire Installation Department.
- Ensure that the Fire Service Engineers have services booked in for the following week and they have the relevant paperwork.
- Organise sending service reminder letters to their customers and booking them in as requested.
- Respond to their Customer callouts.
- Checking and approving Fire Service Engineers' time sheets.
- Price-up works orders for invoicing.
- Resolve fire activations and false activations. Contact their customer next day, after an activation to check that their system is functioning.
- Manage false alarms and their statistics.
- Manage their customers’ telephone enquiries and their customers’ complaints.
- Prepare letters to their customers.
- Manage Fire Service Engineers' technical problems and hands-on assistance on site.
- Organizing the call out rota and informing their ARC.
- If the occasion arises be included on the call out rota.
- Manage the Fire Service Engineers' holidays and absenteeism.
- Propose in-house and vans stockholding to support their systems.
- Prepare quotations for fire extinguishers and fire hoses.
- Complete all appropriate documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate British Standards, Approval Bodies.
- Prepare quotations for minor works installation by designing or interpreting specifications provided to them for conventional fire and analogue fire system, and as and when required, design and price other systems such as PA / VA systems, emergency lighting, refuge systems, care call systems, disabled toilet alarms and induction loops.
- Complete all appropriate documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the appropriate British Standards, Approval Bodies .
- Product auditing.
Skills and Experience:
The Candidate must have a thorough technical knowledge of the following manufacturers' products:
- CAD an advantage
Be prepared to use a paperless environment as it is developed.
Training will be provided for their Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) Database and also for their own bespoke Customer Database.
- Commensurate with experience. Starting at £45,000 (minimum 5yrs experience) + benefits
- Company PPE, Uniform, Equipment, Vehicle:
- They provide obviously PPE, a company uniform, a hands free company mobile phone and if applicable a lap-top. They try and provide vehicles with air-conditioning where possible and practical. Trackers and Dash are fitted to their vehicles.
- They offer Now Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme as from 1 October 2015.
Company Credit Card:
- They offer a Company Credit Card to enable Staff to cover their expenses, e.g. car parking, congestion charges. They are aware that some of their competition do not offer Company Credit Cards and Staff have to pay for their expenses from their own monies and get
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Fire Service Manager and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.