£30,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Fire & Security Design Estimator
Salary: £30k - £38k (Depends on Experience)
My client is privately owned and committed to providing Fire & Security solutions to corporate and global clients. Their focus has always been directed on client delivery through innovation of technology and training development. Their repeat client base is a testament to their delivery expectations and insistence on quality work from design through to delivery.
They provide turnkey design, installation and aftercare solutions, working with long standing technology partners ensuring that they continually leverage technology solutions.
Over the course of 38 years, they have been responsible for delivering system solutions to numerous landmark buildings across the UK and EMEA. They pride themselves on their aftercare programmes and global partnerships with local service providers ensuring their continued support and commitment to working directly with end users and outsourcing agents alike.
- My client is currently looking for a Design Estimator to join their team, the successful candidate will need to be motivated, have attention to detail and take pride in their work.
- You will require a willingness to take ownership and responsibility for your projects and to work well with other departments around you, to build and manage relationships.
- The role of Estimator is to plan, implement and deliver tenders according to the latest companies Estimating Department Operating Procedures.
- You will have overall responsibility for the preparation of all tenders from receipt to System Designer sign off, working to the following guidelines:
- Review all Tender Documents for potential risk and exposure and provide key information across the contract team.
- If required, carry out surveys and report findings back to the System Designer.
- Review tender specifications, programmes, and pricing schedules for quotation purposes and ensure compliance.
- File all tender information in correct folder locations, e.g., specification, programme, and drawings.
- Identifying value engineering solutions to create a commercial advantage over competitors.
- Liaise with suppliers for costs of equipment and parts, ensuring compliance with the tender documents.
- Preparing RFIs detailing tender qualifications and particulars.
- To work with and maintain the existing company estimating department procedures.
- Preparation of all documents to meet the company standards.
- Submitting tenders for a review to the Sales Director, including the project handover signed document. Information to be submitted with ample time to meet customers deadlines.
- After tender submission, ensure all tenders are chased and your manager is kept informed of the bid prospects.
- Maintain the Quote Bank.
- Supervise, mentor, and encourage other team members. Treating them in a professional manner.
- All your office and site activities will be client facing and as a result you are the representative to the client. At all times you will be expected to maintain a professional appearance and manner, be punctual, helpful, and courteous to clients and colleagues.
- Attend all weekly Estimating Meetings.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent), ideally in Maths and Science.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft packages; Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- A proven track record of carrying out a similar role.
- You must be able to submit reports on time, as requested.
- You must be able to build professional working relationships both internally and externally.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.