£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Salary: £35,000.00 - £40,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fire Engineer to join our client’s team in London. Our client is a specialist fire engineering consultancy based in the UK, servicing customers around the globe. The focus of our client is on the customer and their objectives first and foremost, they provide the problems, and our client provides the right solutions
Our client provides fire engineering and related services for projects from the initial concept through to occupation for regulatory, business continuity and property protection purposes. Our client aims to provide a comprehensive fire engineering service for all their customer’s needs.
- Our client is looking for an experienced and qualified Fire Engineer
- Would you like to join a rapidly growing business and work on some complex and truly iconic projects?
- Our client is looking for a person with exceptional knowledge, commitment, and passion.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will lead on the assessment of fire safety issues and technical risks by the application of expert knowledge and understanding of UK Fire Safety Legislation, Building Regulations, and associated standards.
- If you love the challenge of a hugely varied role and relish the opportunity to work as part of a professional, multi-disciplinary team, then you could be the perfect fit to join our client.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead in development of fire strategy /building control requirements of complex, high risk and high-value new build developments within the United Kingdom.
- Use various software packages to create and assess Qualitative’ Design Reviews (QDRs) Fire Strategies and CFD modelling.
- Negotiate independently with developers, builders, and their professional advisors, from initial design stage to project completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory and comply with all relevant regulations and NHBC standards.
- Manage own workload and allocated tasks.
- Manage the budget and programme of projects ensuring they are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure timesheets are filled in appropriately.
- Ideally, our client is looking for an engineer with a minimum of 2 years' experience and the successful applicant should hold a degree in a Fire Engineering related subject.
- High levels of literacy and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to present information clearly.
- Plan and organise workloads to meet timeframes for service delivery.
- A proactive, self-motivated, team player who is flexible and willing to get involved with the development of the role.
- A member of The Institute of Fire Engineers or is working towards membership.
Successful applicant salary and benefits:
- They offer competitive salaries dependant on experience along with access to mental health support services.
- Pension: Our client’s pension contributions are in line with government guidance.
- Holiday: Our client offers 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Successful applicant future with our client:
- Our client offers exceptional personal development.
- Our client will support the successful applicant with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
- Flexible working
- Our client offers a home working policy and flexible start times. Our client can’t promise they can offer the successful applicant exactly what they want, but our client is always happy to talk flexible working at interview stage and beyond.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Our client is committed to equal opportunities for all with an inclusive culture that helps them to maintain competitive advantage. Our client’s people come from diverse backgrounds and support their fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination. Our client is a partner of Women’s Engineering Society (WES)
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Wellness programmes
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003