Banking, Finance & Insurance
£60,000 to £75,000 Per Annum
Manchester - Office Based
Salary Circa £60k - £75k + Benefits
Our client helps global brands build culture, awareness, and meaningful connections. In an industry of excess – they will lead through sustainability to generate wellbeing for generations to come, what they do today can determine what kind of place that will be. They will continue to build amazing products while strengthening careers and client relationships.
Our client seeks an ambitious Financial Controller to be responsible for the financial reporting of their European entities, based at their head office in Manchester. The role has direct responsibility for five managers who cover Financial Accounts, Commercial Finance and Transactional Services, encompassing a total team of circa 30. The role is office based and reports to the Finance Director and has full responsibility for the financial control and reporting of European sites covering UK, Ireland & Germany, maintaining close links with Shanghai and American finance teams.
- Reporting and budgeting
- Manage, develop, and grow a dynamic, fast paced team
- Ownership and development of finance systems
- Audit and Accounting
- Compliance and financial control
- Tax and treasury
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A qualified accountant with a track record of managing and developing a large, ambitious finance team.
- Candidates will be confident, assertive, and proactive, with the ability to build rapport team and effectively communicate across all levels.
- Experience of managing internal stakeholders at a mid & senior level is key, as is understanding the importance of financial controls.
- Teamwork is essential in this role, as you need to ensure colleagues across several sites achieve required deadlines. Therefore, you must be team orientated and able to always maintain positive and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience of reporting at corporate level is desirable, as is managing a large billing team.
- Previous experience in a fast-moving finance environment is essential.
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who the internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging role within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. The culture is informal but hard working and great teamwork and collaboration are key to their success.
Closing date for applications: 22nd January
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.