Field Service Engineer - Tamworth, Staffordshire
Salary: Very competitive
Our client started as a family-run company in 1974 and has now worked its way up to being one of the biggest independent waste equipment providers in the UK, running for over 40 years.
Our client has grown into a significant player in meeting with the current challenges in the waste industry. They have the ability to work independently, specialising in equipment that meets each customer's individual requirements.
Our client has expanded from its humble beginnings to be able to offer its customers a complete on-site service along with a full machine refurbishment in its custom-built workshop. As the industry's needs change, our client moved into the contract rental business, and have built up a large rental fleet.
As a part of our clients constant quest for improvement, they have invested significantly to be able to include shot-blasting and paint spraying, to ensure the finished products meet the highest standards required. Our client now provides a total in-house refurbishment programme, which has enabled them to supply the recycling industry with reconditioned equipment at very competitive prices.
• Visiting customer sites throughout the UK to conduct servicing, general maintenance and repair works on the complete range of special purpose waste handling and recycling equipment and machinery.
• You will be provided with a company vehicle
• .Undertaking Planned Preventative Maintenance, servicing and fault finding for breakdowns.
• Evaluating the operational status of all processes and services and developing plans to ensure continuous running and ensuring that planned maintenance standards are maintained.
Essential skills and requirements:
• Previous experience in a similar role - Essential.
• Experience of fault finding, diagnosis and repair on a range of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems - Essential.
• A hands-on approach with a background in mechanical / electrical / hydraulic engineering - Essential.
• Proven fabrication and welding experience - Essential.
• Self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and as part of a team - Essential.
• Excellent communication skills - Essential.
• Experience of Permit to Work protocols and other company safety rules and regulations for the purposes of provision of safety - Desirable.
• Experience of building or wiring electrical control panels - Desirable.
In order to be considered for this varied and challenging position, you will demonstrate a flexible, self-motivated and pro-active approach with strong organisation and planning skills and the ability to integrate quickly as an effective team member. You will possess excellent customer facing skills at all levels and be both commercially aware and capable of operating with the minimum of guidance whilst ensuring the highest levels of professionalism and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.