£35,000 Per Annum
Fibre Field Engineer - Aldham, Essex
Salary: up to £35,00 + benefits
Our client is a broadband provider but not like other providers. They’re currently on a mission to ensure rural villages in the East of England can access full fibre broadband, that’s future-ready, they work with the community to build full fibre broadband networks, which they fund through private investment. They then provide a new, future-ready, Hyperfast service to homes and businesses within the village.
They are now looking for a Fibre Field Engineer to join their team in Aldham, reporting to the Head of Network Strategy & Operations.
- Help them achieve technical excellence within their networks
- Complete all work as scheduled and maintain regular contact with the Customer Care Team on progress and variation to work schedule.
- Complete FTTP installation to the required company standard, including signal testing and installation of external and internal equipment. To include pre terminated connections for both, Underground and Overhead FATs
- Competent at splicing fibre within agreed tolerance levels
- Install fibre network infrastructure equipment including working on Overhead and Underground PIA networks.
- Complete service calls to diagnose and resolve service issues
- To complete OTDR tests and complete analysis of results within the fibre network
- Work with Technical Support and Network Operations to diagnose and resolve more complex issues
- Complete accurate documentation for all network changes, signal testing and non-routine job
- Install equipment to include CCTV equipment, data cabinets, network cable, patch panels, etc
- Project based work with the general scope of the job role.
- Carry out onsite surveys for new locations and prepare a survey report
- Identify and suggest ways they can improve the network and their procedures
- Provide ‘on-call’ out of hours support
- Always adhere to the Company Health & Safety Policy
- Complete Risk Assessment prior to commencement of work
- Agree installation criteria with customer prior to commencement of work
- Record all information accurately, including photographs, against the job record and paperwork
- Collect any payment due from customer as appropriate
- Record all stock information, including serial numbers, of equipment used
- Maintain all equipment and tools provided and ensure they are kept organised and stored safely.
The candidate should have proven experience and capability in the following areas:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of overhead and underground fibre network installation and maintenance
- Fibre Splicing
- Fault finding & Rectification
- OTDR Testing
- Knowledge of Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) is desirable
- Working at height including ladder, pole and tower climbing
- Full UK driving licence
- NRSWA accreditation
- Full UK driving license
The following qualifications are desirable:
- SA001 PIA certification
- SA002 PIA certification
- S7 / S8 PIA certification
You’ll be joining a highly regarded team of experts that are dedicated to making every project a great success. You’ll get a package including a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and additional benefits.
- up to £35,000 + benefits
- The opportunity to work with a diverse team of professionals
- The chance to work for a growing organisation
If you are a suitably experienced Fibre Field Engineer with good organisational ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills, they offer a competitive salary + benefits and would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.