With a long established and well-earned reputation for excellence, our client offer a full range of high-class legal services for both businesses and individuals. They are committed to the very best standards of practice and are very proud to hold Lexcel – the Law Society’s recognition of the highest management and customer care standards. Due to growth we are looking for a family secretary to join the team in the Trowbridge office.
- Audio typing, preparing and amending draft documents
- Making and receiving telephone calls and dealing with emails
- Dealing with clients both in person and on the telephone and assisting clients in the absence of a fee earner.
- Making appointments and assisting with queries.
- Photocopying, filing and general office duties including opening files and preparing completed files for storage.
- Completing instruction sheets on initial attendance with clients.
- Drafting divorce papers and completing various forms.
- Assisting fee earner with collating and scheduling documents for form E’s, trial bundles and briefs to counsel etc.
- Providing assistance to other members of the office.
- Providing receptionist cover during absence, holiday or illness.
- Liaising with Accounts Department to obtain cheques, print-outs etc.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Accurate and fast typing.
- Good presentation of letters and documentation.
- Knowledge of English grammar.
- Good telephone manner.
- Ability to deal with clients, intermediaries and other contacts.
- Use of IT systems in the office.
- Previous experience within a family secretarial role is essential
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.