Experienced Fire Engineer – Manchester
Salary: Excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is a trusted independent advisory firm focused on fire, security risk and resilience. They offer strategic advice, innovative design, construction oversight and risk management services. They are currently seeking qualified and experienced Fire Engineers working out of their Manchester office
The role will involve leading fire engineering project teams ensuring quality and service commitments are met, and appointments will be interesting and varied. In addition tasks may include research and testing, technical reviews of fire strategies from other organisations, and some overseas work.
You will be supported by some of the best fire safety professionals in the industry and exposed to state-of-the-art methods in fire engineering. Our client is looking for you to have some level of involvement or recognition with a professional body, or be working towards this, and proactively encourage involvement in technical committees where they are of interest. Continual professional development is of paramount importance, and our client’s team are encouraged to develop skills and interests in support of personal and team goals, with regular internal CPD being delivered.
Skills and Experience:
An Experienced Fire Engineer is a key role within the company to provide advice in relation to the fire safety aspects of the design in order to provide confidence that the design that is developed, as well as the completed building, should achieve the expected standard of fire safety, comply with the clients objectives and meet all relevant legal fire safety requirements.
- A minimum 4 years’ experience working in a fire engineering role and have a recognised fire safety qualification or strong experience in fire safety fields.
- Very good interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining close links with colleagues, clients and contractors are essential.
- The candidate should be a member of the Institution of Fire Engineers and working towards registration with the Engineering Council.
- Be aware of appropriate legislation and design guidance for use in the UK
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple demands.
The role will attract an excellent salary, dependent on experience, with generous holiday entitlement and a good working environment. In addition, there is a discretionary profit share scheme.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Fire Engineer and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.