£35,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Engineering Quality Manager
Salary £35,000 to £38,000 depending on experience.
My client in Erith is looking for a Technical Manager to join the team. Must have experience of working with high pressure systems and a degree in Engineering.
This person would be the inspection body that would have the overall responsibility to sign off for goods to go out.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all Company rules pertaining to Health and Safety are adhered to, including LOLER, PUWER and COSHH regulations.
- At all times be responsible for the safety of yourself, other workshop staff and visitors, in and around the immediate area of the workshop.
- Ensuring all accidents and injuries are reported and investigated promptly and correctly and that any follow up actions are implemented in a timely way.
- Have a good working and mechanical knowledge of seamless steel, seamless aluminium, and welded steel gas cylinders.
- Understand the requirements of ADR and DOT with regards to pressure testing of Transportable Pressure Equipment.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Experienced at conducting professional recruitment interviews, carry out thorough and factual investigations and disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Have a good working knowledge of COSHH, LOLER and PUWER regulations.
Qualifications / Education / Training:
Professional registration with a suitable engineering institution to either Chartered or Incorporated level
Appropriate engineering degree or equivalent qualification
Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in a similar role
Technical or engineering experience or evidence to be technically savvy
People Management and supervisor experience
Knowledge of engineering
Knowledge of TPRs (Transportable Pressure Receptacles)
Knowledge and understanding of H&S
Skills & Competencies:
Excellent communication and literacy skills
Leadership and ability to manage and motivate people
Strong prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload
Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
Ability to work as part of a team or as autonomously
Quality and results focussed
Excellent attention to detail
Good knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Self-motivated and lead by example
Prepared to learn new skills and work on own initiative
Flexible, reliable, and punctual and trustworthy
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.