Education & Training
£23,575 Per Annum
Harrow on the Hill
Early Years Practitioner- Harrow on the Hill
Salary: £23,575 per year
Our well-established client is looking to appoint a warm, friendly & nurturing Early Years Practitioner for a full-time position. Our client is a popular, small independent pre-preparatory school with a Nursery for pupils aged from babies to seven.
Our client is seeking the services of Level 3 Early Years Practitioner. The idle incumbent must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and bubbly childcare professional who is committed to providing children with the very best care and stimulation.
- Be willing to work in any age group across the organisation.
- Be aware of and adhere to the policies, procedures and ethos of the school.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate engaging activities appropriate for the age range of the children, including preparation of resources and materials.
- Help children develop early literacy/ reading and numeracy skills, either individually or in group sessions.
- Carry out all tasks associated with the key worker role including observing, assessing, recording children’s development, and reporting on written plans for their next steps.
- Work effectively alongside a team of practitioners to ensure children are stimulated, motivated and excited in their learning and play.
- Assist in the preparation of the rooms at the start of the day, at lunchtime and in the clearing up at the end of the school day.
- Help to always keep the school and equipment clean and tidy.
- Carry out playground, lunch cover and other duties as deemed necessary by the Headteacher.
- Ensure security and welfare of the children are always of paramount importance.
- Work to ensure that equal opportunities, inclusion, and diversity are recognised and valued at all times.
- Attend staff meetings (fortnightly), training days (5 per year), parent’s evenings (one per term), school events and outings (maximum 2 per term) as deemed necessary by the Headteacher.
- Contribute to the overall school improvement plan.
- Show willingness to participate in continuous professional development and training.
- Work in partnership with parents with consideration given to toilet training, education plans, pastoral care, religious and cultural background.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum- Level 3 childcare qualification- NVQ, Cache, Diploma or Equivalent (or working towards it)
- Understanding of child development
- Understanding how to plan & implement EYFS curriculum
- Be a positive role model
- Be mentally & physically fit for the role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- 1-5 years’ experience in similar role
- Ability to communicate at appropriate level with parents, staff & and children
- Good team management & organizational skills
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Knowledge of keeping and writing children’s developmental record
- Paediatric First Aid (or willing to train for it)
- Food Hygiene
- Working knowledge of phonics scheme
- Safeguarding children certificate
- Computer Literacy
- GCSE C in English & Maths or above
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.