Education & Training
£18,000 to £22,000 Per Annum
Early Years Practitioner – Oxford
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum DOE
Our established client nursery are looking for an experienced and qualified Early Years practitioner.
Start Date: September 2021
-To work as a member of the team to ensure that all children attending the setting, aged 2 to 5 years, receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs.
-To work within a culture of continuous improvement and to support the team in ensuring services are of a high standard.
-To work in partnership with children and their families to enable all children to fully access opportunities that will improve their health, safety, participation, play and learning and economic well-being.
Job type: Permanent & Term-Time only plus 2 weeks holiday club must be undertaken each academic year
Hours: Split shifts: 8.00 - 4.00/ 9.30 - 5.30: Monday - Friday
- To work as part of a professional team with other EY teachers in the nursery with children from 2-5 years old
- To support staff and share duties throughout the day
- To support supervising children outside
- To share organisation of classroom preparation
- To select activities appropriate to children's needs
- To be aware of the day to day planning for children
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- To enhance children's learning in all areas of the curriculum through a wide range of Montessori and other materials, discussion, real experiences and shared thinking
- To undertake Safeguarding Training and attend regular in-house safeguarding training.
- To be aware of safety issues and policy. (see safeguarding policy and recruitment.)
- To be aware of and promote healthy attitudes and to take part in health and safety training.
- To regard equal opportunities - children, staff and parents within the school.
- Good parent communications
- General awareness of outside agencies such as Early Years workers and SEN coordinators, ISA and any other organisations associated with the nursery.
- Attending school functions in and out of hours when appropriate
- DBS essential - can be obtained through OMS
- Opportunities to work in our holiday club
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Own transport is essential as there is no bus service to the village.
- Alternatively can job share minibus supervision from Central Oxford
- Essentially, you will be Level 3 and above qualified or have Early Years qualification
- You will have a sound knowledge of the EYFS
- You will be an excellent communicator who has experience of working with young children
- Montessori training desirable but not essential
- Experience working within the EYFS Framework
- Know how to interact with them and meet their needs
- Have a sound knowledge of safeguarding, and have an understanding of behaviour management
- The successful candidate will have Key Worker responsibilities so, experience would be desirable, including: Planning for children individually
- DBS certificate/ Clean criminal record (can be obtained through the nursery)
- Paediatric First Aid certificate (can be obtained through the nursery)
- Holiday must be taken when the school is closed and there is no requirement for work
- Staff must adhere to all Safeguarding procedures at all times
- Staff/Pupil/Parent Confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- The ACAS Code of Practice for Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures is followed
- You will be entitled to SSP if further sick days are taken longer than 3 days continuously on a pro rata basis
- School pension details are available from the school office.
- You will be paid in increments of twelfths throughout the year, which will include your holiday pay and also when the school is closed
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.