Education & Training
Early Years Educator/ Room Leader - Chatham Kent
Our client works with children from 3 months to pre-school age to develop social and educational development through creative activities and play. Our client listen to parents and carers to ensure that your child’s needs are met and that they have the best possible experience at the nursery.
Why choose them?
Our client are experienced professionals dedicated to providing high quality childcare. They offer a secure, safe and stimulating environment for babies, toddlers and pre-school children. Our client works in partnership with parents and carers so that you are reassured that your child will be well cared for and is happy at the Nursery. Our client’s nursery is well equipped and in a central location close to rail and bus links. They have ample parking both at the nursery and in the public car park adjacent to the nursery. Our client’s nursery has excellent well equipped rooms over three floors with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers and pre-school children. The playground has a range of play activities and is directly accessed via the preschool room.
Main duties of role:
- To manage a staff team ensuring that you are working with staff in planning daily activities that promotes the EYFS areas of learning for the children in your care.
- To ensure that staff are up to date with Tapestry and that meaningful observations are undertaken throughout the day to support an individual child’s progression
- To ensure daily risk assessments are completed in the room and surrounding areas including outside in the garden and on outings. To bring to the attention of the deputy or manager anything of concern.
- To develop good partnerships with parents/carers, whilst maintaining a professional approach, to ensure that they are well informed about their child’s daily activities and with the service
- To ensure that each child learning is maximised through a clear daily structure and progression
- Proactively develop relationships with the community.
- Have regular briefing sessions with your team to keep them up to date on the latest developments, to ensure smooth running of the service and to develop new ideas for the nursery.
- To moderate team’s work ensuring a consistently high standard is achieved.
- Ensure that Ofsted inspections are prepared for and your team are aware of what is required.
- To ensure that you work with the manager to present an excellent environment for prospective or new parents.
- To understand and respect the need for consistency of care for the children – report for duty on time, maintain regular attendance, and give appropriate notice of holiday requests and report non- attendance through sickness promptly and appropriately.
- To assist in providing a safe, supportive and caring environment for young children; to ensure that all aspects of each individual child’s development are given full consideration.
- To ensure that clean and hygienic standards are maintained at all times. This includes daily cleaning rotas, nappy changing and other nursery/housekeeping duties.
- To maintain and follow all Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- To develop a thorough knowledge of all of the company’s operational policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected at all times.
- To be fully up to date with the requirements of the “Early Years Foundation Stage” and ensure that your practice meets and aims to exceed the requirements.
- To be proactive in the process of activity planning, child observation and development records on a regular basis and as requested by your supervisor and Nursery Manager.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.