IT & Internet
£30,000 Per Annum
Domino Notes Developer/Administrator – Lowestoft, Suffolk
Salary: From £30k.
My client who is a leading independent marine consultancy providing risk analysis to the marine, energy and subsea sectors are looking to add to their team a seasoned Domino Notes Developer/Administrator. They are looking for someone who can self-motivate, learn and adapt to existing, legacy and new technologies. The company uses a mixture of current and new web development technologies, services and techniques, SQL for data management, ARCGIS for map development and data integration, HCL Notes and Domino for back-office systems and content management all of which are in-house. This is not a role suitable for those looking for a single tracked development role.
The developer will be maintaining and developing legacy Notes applications, upgrading our Notes Domino servers and Notes clients, and regression testing applications.
- Compliance with departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner.
- New Application Development.
- Manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production turnover.
- Maintenance and Support of Existing Applications.
- Assist in upgrading our Notes Domino servers and Notes clients to newer version (10 or 11).
- Perform maintenance duties to ensure continued operations of existing production applications.
- Gather design changes and problems/issues for revising existing production applications.
- Manage the change cycle through coding, testing, acceptance and production rollout.
- Perform analysis, design, coding and/or testing to effectively migrate existing applications to alternative platforms.
- Problem analysis and resolution.
- Keep peers and STR informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- Keep customers informed of global problems, scheduled downtime, etc.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience in developing/supporting/maintaining primarily Domino servers and Notes client UI applications in:
- Lotus Notes Domino servers and client version 9 and/or 11
- LotusScript and Formula Language
- Lotus Connectors
- Lotus Enterprise Integrator (LEI)
- Domino administration and configuration of a clustered server environment
- DAOS configuration and administration
- Demonstrated three (3) years of experience with and working knowledge of:
- XML Webservices
- SQL Server 2012 (or higher)
- Demonstrated a working knowledge of SQL Server stored procedures, functions and SQL.
- Demonstrated the ability to manage the development cycle through coding, testing, acceptance, and production turnover.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.