Education & Training
£28,000 Per Annum
Deputy Room Leader (Pre-school)
Salary: £28k + Excellent Benefits
Full - Time, 40 hours per week (rotating schedule)
Our client is a privately-owned family-run registered children’s day nursery, providing a safe, nurturing, and development-focused environment for children aged three months to five years.
As a Deputy Room Leader, you will play a pivotal role in providing high-quality care and education for children aged 3 - 5 years, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, overseeing the welfare of both children and staff, and contributing to the smooth operation of the nursery.
- Monitor and suggest quality improvements.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing quality childcare.
- Plan age-appropriate activities adhering to Early Years Foundation guidelines.
- Engage parents, carers, and children effectively.
- Supervise allocated room, support Nursery staff, and ensure cleanliness.
- Collaborate with management to implement policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate documentation of learning outcomes.
- Complete assessments and reports on children's progress.
- Manage resources and materials for activities and displays.
- Address children's holistic needs and support their goals.
- Oversee consumable stock levels and order supplies.
- Administer First Aid as needed.
- Conduct routine room, garden, and nursery inspections and risk assessments.
- Manage opening and closing procedures as needed.
- Ensure appropriate equipment usage and encourage care for nursery facilities.
- Previous experience working as Senior Nursery Practitioner / Senior Nursery Nurse / Nursery supervisor or in a similar role.
- Have NVQ Level 3 in Childcare.
- Certified in Child Protection, First Aid, Health & Safety, and Food Hygiene.
- Familiarity with EYFS, OFSTED guidelines, and Quality Management.
- Strong communication and ICT skills.
- A competitive salary
- Pension auto-enrolment.
- Minimum 5.6 weeks of annual leave.
- Ongoing Professional Development and internal training.
Apply now for a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of a well-established nursery.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.