IT & Internet
£70,000 to £80,000 Per Annum
Surrey & Field Based
Data Architect - IT Management & Technical Consultancy
Surrey & Field Based
Salary: £70-80k pa DOE plus benefits, discretionary bonus & on-going training
We are working on behalf of an expanding Management and Technology Consultancy based in Surrey looking to take on an experienced Data Architect / Consultant. The role provides you with the opportunity to support a wide range of UK public sector, Defence, National Security and private sector organisations. Your help will enable them to get the maximum benefit from their technology investments, and in doing so, play a key role in nationally critical projects which make a real difference to people’s everyday lives.
With expertise in translating business requirements into technology requirements and defining data standards and principles, the data architect will be responsible for visualizing and designing a client's enterprise data management framework and providing advice and designs relating to data analytics solutions. The architect should be able to provide advice on planning, specifying, enabling, creating, acquiring, maintaining, using, archiving, retrieving, controlling, and purging data as part of supporting a series of client-side engagements. The data architect will also guide the creation of standard common business vocabularies, expresses strategic requirements and outline high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements, and be able to align these with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
This role will require you to lead assignments and be responsible for supervising direct reports whilst ensuring the overall success of the engagement.
Working either individually or as part of their larger team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Creating genuinely useful outcomes to help deliver client goals in major business transformation programmes;
- Hands-on analysis, not just assurance, including working with clients, users and other team members to address issues before they become blockers;
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses;
- Defining the data architecture framework, standards and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, materials, and employees;
- Defining reference architecture, which is a pattern that others can follow to create and improve data systems;
- Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition;
- Offering advice on potential solutions and products to solve and enhance client data and analytical reporting capabilities;
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors.
Generally, They need people who come from a Consulting and Client Facing background. As you will work closely with the company’s clients, they naturally need people to be effective team players and to have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will need to be able to pass stringent security clearance as SC clearance is a requirement.
More specific details available on application.
Keywords & Experience: Big Data, Data Architecture, Data Modelling, Cloud Analytics, Azure, Data Visualisation Tools, Power BI, Qlik Sense, Data Science approaches, Spark, Data Engineering, Government Digital Service approach, Government Service Design Manual, Service Standards, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, TOGAF, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, BPMN, UML, Agile, SCRUM, ITIL, OGC Toolkit, Public Sector best practices, Business case Development, HM treasury Guidelines
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.