Charities & not for profit
Corporate Partnerships Manager
Newcastle -Under -Lyme
Our client’s vision is a world where all sick and disabled children’s needs, however complex, are met throughout childhood. They’re committed to changing the future of all disabled children by providing access to the services, equipment, therapies, and treatments they need to lead an active and independent life.
The purpose is to build strong partnerships relations to deliver the core services of the charity and maximise donations through new and existing supporters in Corporate, SME, Government and NHS Sectors. Reporting to the Associate Director of Partnerships and as part of the team, you will work with staff across the charity as well as other stakeholders, volunteers and external contacts in delivering the strategic objectives.
Candidates do not have to come from a charity or fundraising background; however, we are looking for dynamic individuals with a determined attitude, strong business development experience and transferrable skills from any industry or sector.
- Build and develop a multi-year pipeline of high value partnership opportunities to deliver the core services of the charity and maximise revenue opportunities through new and existing supporters in Corporate, SME, Government and NHS Sectors.
- Using a dynamic leadership approach, exemplified by innovation and creativity, to research partners, identify key players and generate interest.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and implement a national approach to increasing multi-year income and the numbers of partnerships within your respective sector via open communication.
- Collaborate with all staff across the charity in delivering the strategic objectives.
- Negotiate and finalise opportunities in accordance with the charity’s contract guidelines and policies by overseeing and leading on the completion of tenders or high-level proposals and pitches with the support of the Lead Generation Team.
- Forecast, measure and report the results of projects through KPI’s.
- Manage and oversee income budgets, providing reports on income and expenditure, risk and return and financial projections to exceed existing pipeline targets.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends, news, events, and legislative analysis in the UK relevant to your sector.
- Maximise opportunities to ensure proactive relationship management to support peer to peer introductions.
- Cultivate networking opportunities through introductions to provide intelligence leading to new income and partnership opportunities.
- Effectively account manage relationships to maximise partner investment and support for the charity
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Creative problem–solving approach and leading new initiatives from creation to completion.
- Credible and authoritative in presentation and negotiation with the highest ethical standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to relate to a wide range of people and audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and experience of creating and delivering presentations to diverse, high calibre audiences.
- Knowledge of income-generation and financial control within a government sector setting.
- Demonstrable experience of generating income through partnerships in funding (public and private) and with delivery organisations (e.g. FE Colleges or other voluntary sector organisations).
- High level account manager, able to increase support from key relationships and designated accounts to achieve defined income targets.
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience in a relevant fundraising, charity or sales and marketing environment.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, as well as close attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude, solutions focus and ability to motivate colleagues.
- High level negotiator with the ability to follow through and close complex deals.
- Flourishes with multiple projects and demands under pressure
- First class written skills and ability to develop detailed proposals and budgets, able to coach others to do so.
- Knowledge and awareness of issues affecting children with disabilities and the support needs of families.
- Advanced understanding of either Corporate, SME, Government or NHS funding priorities at local, regional, and national level and associated compliance matters.
- Have an interest in the work of the voluntary sector & experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of identifying and ability to exploit PR opportunities.
- Able to work pragmatically and adapt to changing circumstances, displaying resilience.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.