Marketing & PR
£10,635 to £11,955 Per Annum
Communications Manager (schools) - London E2
Pro Rata: £10,635 - £11,955 (FTE: £31,244- £35,122),
Part time, permanent, 15 hrs per week, term time only
We are seeking a part-time Communications manager for an academy that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. They expect all staff and to share this commitment, therefore all positions will involve a degree of responsibility for the safeguarding and welfare of children.
The Communications Manager will lead on all aspects of communication to the Academy’s external stakeholders, principally parents, prospective parents and the general public.
The academy is an excellent school and they have much to be proud of. Students and staff demonstrate many qualities on a daily basis that make it a special community to be part of. This role is about taking the great things they have and showing them off to the world outside, so that their external reputation accurately reflects and promotes the internal reality. They want their message to be stronger and to reach more people.
- To ensure the messages and values of the Academy are presented effectively to external stakeholders.
- To ensure parents are kept up to date with activities of the Academy and deepen their connection with the Academy as a result.
- To promote the Academy to the wider public, particularly families of primary age children in order to improve recruitment.
- To use all means available to achieve this including the school website, social media, printed documentation and other media, ensuring these are kept up to date and relevant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare regular weekly/biweekly newsletters for parents that are informative and engaging.
- To keep the school website up to date, ensuring it provides a positive reflection of the Academy and complies with DFE guidance.
- To develop their social media presence - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn - to promote the Academy.
- To keep up to date with events in the Academy with a view to publicising these.
- To work closely with the Vice Principal with responsibility for primary transition
- Assistant Vice Principal with responsibility for the Sixth Form, to increase first choice applicants joining the Academy.
- To work with and encourage staff to provide content that can be passed back to parents and used in communications.
- To work with students to hear and understand their activities so these can be publicised.
- To develop relationships with local media outlets with a view to promote the Academy through articles, reports, interviews, images.
- To keep in touch with parents and other stakeholders as to their views about the Academy and how it is perceived in the local community.
- To provide high quality newsletters, external articles, website and prospectus content, etc.
- To source and develop rich content for communications, including videos, photos, and audio-visual content.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifications to degree, A level, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a similar role, (within the educational sector is desirable but not essential.)
- Experience of using a range of communications and marketing techniques and technology including social media and web-based technology.
- Experience of developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies and ensuring their delivery.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video editing software.
- Knowledge of safeguarding requirements and data protection.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, students, parents, and external agencies as required.
- Excellent skills in writing for publication, with the ability to produce accurate and effective
- materials for the Academy’s external stakeholders, principally parents, prospective parents and the general public.
- Exceptional organisational skills - the ability to strategise and see the bigger picture.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with young people.
- The ability to present written information in a structured way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
- The ability to create engaging articles and social media posts etc.
- Proficiency in content creation tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.