Catering & Hospitality
£24,050 Per Annum
Commis Chef - Near Oban, Scotland
A really unique position to work for our client on a private island near Oban, Scotland. The island boats gorgeous views overlooking Loch Linnhe and the dramatic Movern mountains. The island spans over 300 acres filled with beautiful wildlife and mesmerising natural beauty. The Island has ample attractions such as a 9 hole golf course, spa and leisure facilities and much more.
As a Commis Chef you will assist the Head Chef to ensure in the smooth running of the food offer in the hotel. To effectively support the kitchen team to achieving the highest standard of food production especially in the Head Chef’s absence. To control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the Company’s sourcing policy and control production and portions in line with agreed specifications. As Commis Chef you must be able to solve problems quickly and in a professional and pleasant manner. Be initiative, have self-discipline, effective communications skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
- Assist the Head Chef in all aspects of planning, organising and communicating within all kitchen departments.
- Reports to: Head Chef and in their absence the Sous Chef, in absence General Manager.
- Control and manage food costs in line with budgets
- Source ingredients
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Budget control
- Solve problems quickly
- Amazing communication skills
- Previous experience as Commis Chef
- Previous experience in Hotel environment
- Calm under pressure
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.